Every month, HDFC Bank sends credit card statements to customers address as per a general practice. They dispatch the physical version of the Credit card bill through the regular postal. I was initially a subscriber of HDFC Credit Card Statement mailer. However, I switched to the e-bill or the email statement due to delay in postal delivery to my address. Why take the risk of late-paying your bill when HDFC allows downloading latest and old credit card statements online and on their mobile app. What you need is a PDF reader to open and read the statement file.
Steps to download HDFC Credit Card Statement online
HDFC alerts the customer with an SMS when the month’s cc statement is ready. Cardholders may check for their bill on email inbox or download it from the HDFC bank website, 24 hours after the billing date. In my opinion, the best way to access the credit card bill if you’re an existing HDFC SB account holder is the netbanking. Because, in this mode, you don’t need to provide a password to open the downloaded HDFC credit card statement.
Let’s read the process to access your statement after signing into the online account.
- Tap on Cards tab, and find the section on the left side which reads “Enquire.“
- Expand the Enquire tab to see more options.
- Click on “View Statement” link to open the page you see in the above screenshot.
- Select the card number and the billing month from the drop-down menu.
- If you want the latest statement or the due bill, take the last month as the period.
- Pick the current month for downloading next months statement. Please note that it is available only after the statement date.
- Then press the View button to generate the statement file.
- Now, get your HDFC Bank Credit Card statement as a PDF download on the next page; click the link in the circle, as shown in the above screenshot.
You may want Adobe Acrobat reader to open and view the contents of the bill as it is in PDF format. Click here to download.
How to download old credit credit statements from HDFC’s online netbanking?
HDFC Bank’s online platform supports downloading old credit card statements. Its simple, choose the appropriate year and month in the Select Period section, and proceed as given above. However, customers need to contact the bank branch and pay a nominal fee for statements older than two years.
Check HDFC Bank Credit Card billed amount (balance)
Downloading the credit card statement is a must if you want to review the individual transactions in a billing period. However, if your only requirement is checking the latest HDFC credit card bill amount, remaining credit limit, available cash limit, minimum due amount, payment due date, or anything on the following screenshot, HDFC netbanking has an alternative option.
Do the following to check the balance bill amount in netbanking.
- Make sure that you are in the Cards tab of the HDFC netbanking website, and Account Summary is open.
- Now find your credit card number on the right side, under the Active Card section.
- Click on that card number (in blue color) to access all the information given above.
You don’t need to download the Credit Card Statement to check the above details. HDFC Bank mobile app is also useful for accessing all these useful information.
View HDFC Credit Card statement and download on mobile banking app
With the launch of the new HDFC mobile banking app in December 2018, it is now possible to download and check HDFC Credit Card statement on your mobile phone. Although the options in the newly designed HDFC app are a bit confusing for the first-time users, it is good that they finally bring the option to download credit card statement.
- Download HDFC mobile banking app (new) for Android here, iPhone here.
- First, sign-in to the new HDFC mobile banking app with your existing netbanking credentials.
- When you on the app home page, find the Owe section, as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on the card name to open Credit Card summary page.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and click the link “download billed statement.”
- Select a month and press the download button to save the PDF Credit Card statement to your phone.
Choose June 2019, if you want to download HDFC credit card statement for the latest month. Then use the File Manager in your Android device to view the downloaded file; it would there in the documents folder.
This is the way to get the statement on the Android version of the app. I’m yet to confirm whether this setting is available in the iPhone version of HDFC mobile banking app.
Alternative to check HDFC bank credit card statement online: download email bill
Downloading HDFC credit card statement without netbanking login is possible. If you have an e-mail ID in your HDFC account profile, you have to the provision to get monthly statements through email.
When it is enabled, you automatically get the monthly bills delivered to your inbox. Search with the keyword “HDFC Credit Card Statement” to find the mail. Then, open the mail and check through the attachments to download and view the full statement.
If you are not receiving the Credit Card bills on email ID, enable the suppression option to deactivate postal deliveries. Expand the Request menu in the Cards tab, and scroll down to find the Physical Statement Suppression option. As seen in the screenshot, enter a valid email address and complete the process. HDFC Bank delivers e-statements from the next credit card billing cycle onward if you activate this feature. Remember to whitelist and add [email protected] to your contact list to prevent the credit card bill ending up in your email spam or junk folder.
The email version of HDFC credit card statement is a digitally signed and secured document. Hence, you need a password to open it. HDFC sends the printed copy of the same file through postal mail.
HDFC Credit Card Statement PDF password: how to open the bill.
As said earlier, the Credit card statement you download form netbanking is not password protected. However, when you get it through email, you need to provide a password combination to open it. Opening HDFC Credit Card Statement with a password is effortless; the format is there in the email itself. Check the image below for the password combinations that work with HDFC CC bill in 2018.
For instance, if my name is Winytips and my credit card number is 2345-6565-4345-6789, the password to open my statement would be WINY6789.
How to find the HDFC Credit Statement date and billing cycle
Want to know the date on which HDFC Bank generates your credit card statement every month? Usually, it is the day just before the date on which you get SMS about the bill generation. For, e.g., if I get the SMS alert regarding the latest statement on 17-05-2019, the billing date is 16-05-2019. Therefore, your next billing cycle starts on 17-05-2019 and the transactions count up to 16-6-2019.
You may also find your HDFC Credit Card’s Statement date on the top section of the bill.
How to check unbilled HDFC credit Card transaction statement
Your HDFC credit card statement includes only those transactions taken place during in the last billing cycle. One has to check the Unbilled statement in the Credit card account to find the card history and usage pattern in the ongoing month. HDFC Bank netbanking and HDFC mobile app provide options to view your unbilled credit card statement.
Check unbilled HDFC Credit Card transactions online.
- Login and move to Credit card section in HDFC netbanking.
- Click and expand the Enquire menu from the left side.
- Now select unbilled transactions, and choose the card number and transaction type to view the details.
Check HDFC credit card unbilled statement on mobile app (old version).
Currently, the HDFC mobile banking app (old version) doesn’t provide an option to download or view credit card statement on it. However, you could view the unbilled statement in iOS and Android versions of the software. Here is how to access it.
- Sign in to the HDFC mobile banking app either by providing the user ID and password or the Quick Access PIN.
- Click on the More tab on the right side of the UI to expand the Credit Card section.
- Open Credit Card menu, and as you could see, there is “View Unbilled Transactions” option.
- Tap on it to open and access the unbilled credit and debit transactions.
When you make an HDFC Credit card transaction, the credit limit changes immediately. However, it may take up to 48 hours for the history to reflect in the unbilled statement.